Experienced manager with demonstrated success leading technical teams from initial concept to market launch and consistent growth.
- Certified Scrum Master who implemented the agile process to quickly deliver results and resolve issues
- Write clear, simple, and prioritized user stories based on detailed requirement gathering with a consistently groomed backlog
- Conduct efficient (short and sweet) scrums, sprint planning, bug triage, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Launched on schedule by keeping the team focused on release criteria
PROJECT TOOLS (MOST RECENT):
Git, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Trello, Zeplin, InVision, and Postman
Senior Product Manager and Project Lead
- Product Manager: Led product initiatives for the Professional Services Group. Leveraged our group’s engineering and design teams along with outside partners to rapidly build product to support deals and known market opportunities.
- App Studio: Created a platform for quickly building, customizing, and deploying OTT video apps backed by a robust CMS powering content and design updates. Worked with partners around the world (Seattle, Guadalajara, New York, and Poland) to launch the product with our first customer, Fusion, on iOS, TVOS, Android, Roku, Amazon Fire, and Samsung TV (nearly simultaneously).
- Winner of Future of TV Innovation of the Year, 2016.
- Project Lead: Directed projects from pre-sales to launch. Created pitch books, completed RFP responses, and led customer sales meetings. Wrote and negotiated SOWs based on detailed requirement gathering. Implemented agile methodology to lead cross-organizational teams through the design and development process to successful launch and growth.
- Netflix Media Center: Directed a team (with partners in Seattle and NY) through pre-sales, requirements gathering, contract negotiation, and delivery of a CMS (with full content and CRM features), website, iOS app, and Android app to feature all publicity and marketing material for Netflix shows and securely deliver high-value screeners to journalists around the world. The website launched in 12 languages (and quickly added a thirteenth, Arabic) with a fully responsive design (matched with plaudits their new design as it was implemented) in time for Netflix’s massive global rollout.
- TBN: Launched custom apps on iOS, TVOS, Android, Roku, Amazon Fire with an aggressive launch schedule (nearly simultaneous). Team designed APIs to integrate the apps with a CMS developed by an outside vendor for a new website (and beat them to market).
- Blizzard: Created a custom video player for BlizzCon with multiple channels, open and secure, updatable icons and scrubber bar. Supported their development of iOS and Android apps, and iterations to the website and services each year.
- Top Sales Contributor, 2014.
Product Manager and Senior Technical Writer
- Product Manager for Mac OS application while continuing as a Senior Technical Writer. Managed an offshore team of developers to ensure that tasks were completed to specification, on time and within budget, and delivered a quality shippable product that met or exceeded planning goals.
- Delivered over 350 technical documents (for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and the cloud-based management portal) used by over 3,000 IT Administrators and a million mobile users across the world.
- Developed a self-service help wiki (3-month project) that allowed users to access the complete library of technical documentation and simultaneously saved iPass nearly $80,000 a year by migrating its document repository from a legacy CMS.
- Created an order support and customer care process that improved sales operations and eliminated inefficiencies and delays of up to 3 weeks. The typical response time is now under 3 days.
- Created and localized the help files for the Mac and Windows applications, and produced a complete in-context help solution for the cloud-based management portal. Wrote, reviewed, and localized all user-facing strings for products on seven platforms.
Susan Golomb Literary Agency
Foreign Rights and Contract Manager
- Sold book rights to foreign publishers and film producers. Negotiated the price and contract terms. Pitched and sold writing assignments to magazine editors.
- Evaluated and edited manuscripts that were sold for six-figure deals.
- Represented the agency at the Frankfurt and London Book Fairs.
- Worked with over 70 of the agency’s clients, including bestseller Jonathan Franzen (winner of the 2001 National Book Award), bestseller Marisha Pessl, William T. Vollmann (winner of the 2005 National Book Award), bestseller Glen David Gold, bestseller David Breashears, bestseller Harry Dent, and bestseller Yvon Chouinard (founder of Patagonia).
Random House, Inc
- Responsible for managing investments, financial analysis, market research, and presenting results to executives.
- Managed all of the company’s eBook business and growth.
- Created business plan for a new imprint and worked on a multimillion dollar Series C stock purchase that increased in value sevenfold.
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts in Economics and English
- Coursework: Literature and Literary Criticism, Creative Writing, Calculus, Statistics, Money and Banking, International Trade and Finance, and Italian Literature and Language.
- Independent senior research project: a study of emerging markets and the formation of capital through informal markets in the works of the economist Hernando de Soto
- Achieved double major while working 30 hours per week for the UCLA Research Library and UCLA Events Services
City Honors School
Buffalo, NY (Magnet Program for exceptional students)
GPA: 4.35 (reflects weighting for 15 Advanced Placement courses)
- Advanced Placement Diploma with distinction and an International Baccalaureate Diploma; Awarded the History and Economics medal; Member of the Youth Leadership and Youth Council of Erie County
- Published several articles and stories in the school magazine; member of crew, soccer, track, and cross country teams